2019 PPP Participants
“I feel extremely lucky to have been involved in this program, all of the elements; 360, shadowing, expert speakers, face to face group work, triads, personal inquiry, etc. was fabulous.”
“Always supportive yet challenged our thinking. I have learned so much over the past 12 months in relation to both the role of the Principal and leadership. Thank you for such a comprehensive program.”
“Thank you so much for this program. It was such a valuable experience on all levels, from the sessions through to the opportunities to connect with colleagues from varied backgrounds, who bring new experiences and ways of thinking to very complex issues.”
“I felt stretched and energized through the experience and found the content practical and easy to apply.”
This program aims to further develop the leadership capabilities and preparedness of aspirants to undertake the role of principal in the near future. The program includes participation in the AITSL 360° Reflection Tool.
- Face to face professional learning
- Shadowing of an experienced principal
Participants will further develop their leadership capabilities and preparedness to undertake the role of principal by deepening understanding of the following areas (aligned to the Australian Professional Standard for Principals):
- the role of principal as a senior manager in the Department of Education
- the role of principal as manager of the school
- self as a leader
- educational leadership and its impact on school improvement
- inquiry as an improvement process
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
- Engaging and working with the community
The program is open to aspirants across all business units in the DoE, not only those currently working in schools. Enrolment in this program is via an Expression of Interest (EOI) selection process. Please use the forms below for all application material.
Applications for 2021 will open soon.
Pre-requisites for application:
- full teacher registration with the Teachers Registration Board of Tasmania
- experience in leadership within the DoE (e.g. in-school leaders of improvement priorities, state-wide curriculum support, project officer etc.) Acting principals are eligible to apply.
Online applications are to be submitted via the PLI website using the forms provided.
Applications must include the following four components:
- 1000 word Expression of Interest
Selection Criteria: EOIs will be assessed against the Lead Teacher career stage in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. EOIs will be assessed against the Lead Teacher career stage in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. These include the following focus areas and descriptors
- Know students and how they learn: Lead processes to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching programs using research and workplace knowledge about how students learn.
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning: Exhibit exemplary practice and lead colleagues to plan, implement and review the effectiveness of their learning and teaching programs to develop students’ knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Engage in professional learning: Advocate, participate in and lead strategies to support high-quality professional learning opportunities for colleagues that focus on improved student learning.
Include examples of how you have built capacity in yourself and others in the context of these criteria.
- 200 word statement: Why should I be considered for this program?
- Two referee reports: one must be from your current principal/manager
- Two page resume
Desirable experience, detailed in resume:
- Significant ‘in-school’ leadership experience
- Leadership experience across more than one school
- Leadership in a range of contexts
Online applications are to be submitted via the PLI website by clicking on ‘Enrol’.
2021 Details Coming Soon