This program has been cancelled.
This course will develop and deepen understandings of how we can build genuine partnerships with families centred around the learning and well being of their children in Prep to Year 2.
Participants will build their understandings and skills to work alongside families in sharing aspects of development, building a shared language for learning and co-creating a strong image of children as capable and competent learners right from birth.
This course is designed for those who are working as a Learning in Families Together Coordinator, Early Years Leader and Teachers.
The course comprises of two spaced face to face workshops with continued support through site visits and online support.
Participants will develop their understandings and skills in the areas of:
- Building strong partnerships with families
- Positive relationships
- Indicators of wellbeing
- Play schemas and their role in understanding learning
- Links to literacy, numeracy and the Australian Curriculum through play
- Documentation and two-way communication with families
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Developing self and others
- Engaging and working with the community
6 Day Online Program (CANCELLED)
This program will be delivered online. – 3:30 pm – 4:45 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Thursday 28 July 2022 (CANCELLED)
- Monday 8 August 2022 (CANCELLED)
- Thursday 25 August 2022 (CANCELLED)
- Thursday 8 September 2022 (CANCELLED)
- Thursday 22 September 2022 (CANCELLED)
- Thursday 3 November 2022 (CANCELLED)