Do you want to introduce your students to Digital Technologies but don’t know where to start? Would you like to learn more about coding for primary classrooms?
Whether you have no prior knowledge or are ready to build on prior skills, this workshop is for you!
This hands-on workshop is for ALL primary teachers, librarians or library technicians. You will learn to use easy to follow resources in the classroom which will provide you with the confidence and ability to bring basic coding to your classroom. By the end of the workshop, you will be ready to teach basic coding to your students.
As a result of engaging in this course, participants will:
- what coding is, and where it sits in the Digital Technologies Curriculum
- how to access resources for teaching coding and computational thinking
- that coding helps students to develop computational skills, a growth mindset, resilience, creativity, problem-solving and prepares them for future jobs
- create a project using coding
• plan a lesson/unit integrating coding into other Learning Areas.
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
1 Day Program – 8:30 am to 3.30 pm
South – Professional Learning Insitutue – Hobart
Thursday 17 June 2021
North – Tailrace – Launceston
Tuesday 22 June 2021
North-West – paranaple conference centre – Devonport
Wednesday 23 June 2021