A series of online workshops designed to develop and deepen understandings of evidence based practice in literacy for educators working with children Birth to Four and their families.
Participants will have opportunities to collaborate and build collaborative knowledge and will have access to resources and tools to support their work providing quality literacy environments and practices.
- Deepen their understanding of how young children learn and develop literacy skills
- Use evidence based research to inform and reflect on current literacy practices
- See examples of literacy practices from Tasmanian contexts
- Consider developmentally appropriate assessment for literacy learning in the early years
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Leading teaching and learning
Engaging and working with the community
4 Day Online workshop – 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Day 1 – Monday 21 March 2022
- Day 2 – Monday 9 May 2022
- Day 3 – Monday 30 May 2022
- Day 4 – Monday 27 June 2022
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.