Building a Feedback Culture is designed to build schools’ capacity to create cultures focused on continual improvement and learning. The program enables understanding and practise of effective feedback for growth, allows participants to develop skills in continuous evidence-based observation, reflection and collaboration about teaching and learning, and provides an opportunity to enact leadership in their school.
Participation in school/work place teams is highly recommended.
This program has a pathway to post-graduate studies at the University of Tasmania.
Non-DoE Enrolments –
Please complete the attached External – Enrolment – Form and email the form to PLI@Education.tas.gov.au
By the end of this program participants will:
- Gain understanding, knowledge and skills in effective feedback for growth
- Understand why and how to use a collaborative observation process
- Increase their understanding of ways to collect and share evidence with teachers
- Build skills to enable evidence-based conversations about teaching practice
- Be able to identify alignment with the PDP process
- Develop capacity to implement change in peer observation and feedback in their school.
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Leading teaching and learning
Developing self and others
Leading improvement, innovation and change
4 Day Program – 8.45am – 3.30pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Wednesday 19 February 2020
Thursday 20 February 2020
Thursday 2 April 2020
Wednesday 28 October 2020
North and North West
Thursday 12 March 2020 – paranaple Convention Centre – Devonport
Friday 13 March 2020 – paranaple Convention Centre – Devonport
Monday 6 April 2020 – Tailrace Centre – Launceston
Thursday 22 October 2020 – Tailrace Centre – Launceston