Our schools are only as good as the conversations within them. Cognitive Coaching provides you will the skills to have thoughtful conversations with teachers, teaching teams, parents and students. The mission of Cognitive Coaching is to produce self-directed people who can work independently and as members of a community.
This course enables you to coach the thinking of another person. When thinking is clear, performance is enhanced.
This workshop will be facilitated by Lucy Fisher, an experienced Cognitive Coaching Training Associate with Thinking Collaborative and PLC Training Associate with Solution Tree Australia. Lucy facilitates workshops nationally and internationally.
Non-DoE Enrolments –
Please complete the attached External – Enrolment – Form and email the form to PLI@Education.tas.gov.au
- learn the planning and reflecting conversations
- develop skills in building rapport, pausing, paraphrasing questioning
- understand trust more deeply
- deepen understanding of other support functions when coaching is not appropriate
- deepen understanding of the use of data in conversations.
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Developing self and others
4 Day Program – 8.30am – 4.00pm