Join us to explore how to develop culturally responsive learning sequences aligned to the Australian Curriculum Version 9.0.
Participants will deepen understanding of their professional responsibility to teach First Nations Australians perspectives, in line with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers 1.4 and 2.4 and the Australian Curriculum.
Culturally responsive curriculum planning ensures that local First Nations perspectives, histories and cultures are considered and prioritised in the classroom.
- know where to find Tasmanian Aboriginal learning resources
- understand the responsibilities of educators in teaching about First Nations perspectives, histories and cultures
- make relevant links with Australian Curriculum Version 9.0 cross-curriculum priorities, general capabilities, and learning areas
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Leading teaching and learning
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
1 hour session delivered online – 3:15pm – 4:15pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Tuesday 22 November 2022