Join us to explore how to develop culturally responsive learning sequences aligned to the Australian Curriculum Version 9.0.
Participants will deepen their understanding of their professional responsibility to teach First Nations Australians perspectives, in line with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers 1.4 and 2.4 and the Australian Curriculum.
Culturally responsive curriculum planning ensures that local First Nations perspectives, histories and cultures are considered and prioritised in the classroom.
- know where to find, and how to embed Tasmanian Aboriginal learning resources
- understand the responsibilities of educators in teaching about First Nations perspectives, histories and cultures
- make relevant links with Australian Curriculum Version 9.0 cross-curriculum priorities, general capabilities, and learning areas
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
1-hour session delivered online – 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Thursday 7 September 2023