Enrolments open 15 August 2022
This CANVAS program offers teachers the resources to plan hands on experiments for the school theme ‘Glass: More than meets the eye’ for National Science Week in 2022.
The CANVAS Course will provide for teachers:
Teacher Notes- Information for teachers to develop a deep understanding about the big ideas of the chemistry of glass.
Unit Plan- The inquiry-based unit plan outlines for each year level:
- the parts of the achievement standards addressed
- the big ideas and key understanding addressed
- guiding questions to support the planning, teaching and learning of the unit
- learning intentions and success criteria
- the general capabilities and cross curriculum priorities addressed
- the learning experiences and assessment opportunities.
Teaching Resources- Activities based on the Australian Curriculum, covering chemical science content, safety and effective inquiry based instructional practices. The resources include activities for students to:
- understand the properties of glass
- investigating glass as a part of our sustainable future
- conduct and analyse hands on glass experiments
- Padlet for students to ask questions, answered by experts.
View the 2022-Science-Week-Flyer.
By engaging in this professional learning participants will:
- gain deep knowledge of the attributes of a Science quality task
- understand the chemical science strand of the P-6 Australian Curriculum: Science
- plan interdisciplinary learning experiences that align across the three science strands focused on the essential knowledge, understandings, and skills in Science
- plan assessment practice using achievement standard and rubrics to monitor and improve student outcomes.
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Leading teaching and learning
To access the resources, self enrol in this Canvas Course