Effective questioning is an essential tool that every Science teacher needs. Effective questioning enhances:
- students’ science inquiry learning by arousing curiosity, stimulating imagination, and motivating them to seek new knowledge
- confidence in students to ask questions to make connections to prior and new knowledge and develop understanding.
This program aims to improve teachers’ classroom questioning techniques in Science teaching and learning by providing practical strategies for effective questioning.
Non-DoE Enrolments –
To enrol in this program please complete the External Enrolment Form.
As a result of engaging in this course, participants will:
- know what makes a question effective
- understand the pivotal role of questions in the teaching and learning of Science
- plan tasks or units of work where effective questioning is embedded throughout the
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
1 Day Workshop – 9:00am to 3:00pm
Statewide – The Grange, Campbell Town
- Thursday 4 November 2021