A series of workshops to build an understanding of evidence-informed practices in literacy.
Participants will have opportunities to link research to practice, build collaborative knowledge and networks, and will have access to resources and tools supporting quality literacy environments and practices.
A small action research project will also form part of the learning program.
- Deepen their understanding of how young children learn and develop literacy skills
- Use evidence informed research to reflect on current literacy practices
- See examples of literacy practices from Tasmanian contexts
- Consider developmentally appropriate assessment for literacy learning in the early years
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
This online program has 4 online sessions – 3:10 pm – 4:30 pm
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
Participants to attend all sessions
- Tuesday 7 March 2023
- Tuesday 28 March 2023
- Tuesday 9 May 2023 –CANCELLED
- Tuesday 3 June 2023 – CANCELLED