‘If students understand what they are to learn during a given lesson or unit, they are better able to determine how well they are doing and what they need to improve’ (Marzano, 2017).
This two hour workshop will focus on how teachers support learners to understand the intention, goals and indicators of learning. Participants will develop their understanding of the achievement standards of the Australian Curriculum to design goals that will progress and stretch learning for all students.
This workshop will prepare teachers to set explicit, challenging and achievable learning goals for all learners and is suitable for teachers at all career stages, particularly those in their second to fourth year of teaching.
Participants in this workshop will know how to;
- design goals that will progress and challenge learning for every student
- ensure learning intentions and success criteria are understood, visible and accessible throughout learning
- use the curriculum to understand the progression of learning.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
This two hour workshop will be delivered Online.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
Term 3 online live via Microsoft Teams
Tuesday 24 August 2021 – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm