This workshop will support teachers to reflect on their practice, understand their impact on student learning and learn how to evidence practice using the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APSTs).
The Standards are a public statement of what constitutes teacher quality. They define the work of teachers and make explicit the elements of high quality effective teaching in contemporary schools that will improve educational outcomes for students.
The Standards provide a framework which makes clear the knowledge, practice and professional engagement required across teachers’ careers. This program is designed to support teachers, practice-focused mentors and leaders involved in their Progress to Full Registration process.
Please note this does not replace the mandated sessions run by the TRB.
Participants in this workshop will;
- further develop their knowledge and understanding of the Standards
- be able to identify areas of strength, and for professional development
- know how to reflect on practice, and document practice against the Standards.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
2 Hour Workshop – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
North-West – Burnie Art and Function Centre – Burnie
Term 3 – Tuesday 24 August 2021
North – Tailrace – Launceston
Term 3 – Wednesday 25 August 2021
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Term 3 – Thursday 26 August 2021