The 2022 Family Partnership Model (FPM) – Foundation course (five days). The course will run subject to enrolments (minimum of 12, maximum of 20). The cost per participant is $250.00 (this cost includes a copy of the FPM Reflective Practice Handbook).
Would you like to engage with families more effectively to achieve positive outcomes? Do you want to enhance your skills and confidence? Are you ready to be professionally and personally challenged?
This course explores the evidence-based Family Partnership Model and uses activities to build participants’ skills. The Family Partnership Model is an innovative approach based upon an explicit model of the ‘helping’ process that demonstrates how specific ‘helper’ qualities and skills, when used in partnership, can enable parents and families to overcome their difficulties, build strengths and resilience and fulfil their goals more effectively. A number of research trials have demonstrated the positive benefits of this model to the developmental progress of children, parent-child interaction and the psychological functioning of parents, families and children.
The course explores all aspects of the model, including ways to work with families to identify their needs, to build a genuine and respectful ‘partnership’, to set goals and to help families to achieve these goals.
The course takes an adult learning approach which values, recognises and builds on the experience that participants bring with them. During the course, participants are encouraged to actively practise their skills in a supportive learning environment.
Participants will develop their knowledge, skills and confidence in the processes of the evidence-based Family Partnership Model including engaging and relating well to parents, and effectively supporting them to achieve jointly identified outcomes.
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Engaging and working with the community
5 Day Program – 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Term 2 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
North-West – paranaple convention centre – Devonport
- Day 1 – Tuesday 10 May 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Day 2 – Tuesday 17 May 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Day 3 – Tuesday 24 May 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Day 4 – Tuesday 31 May 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Day 5 – Tuesday 7 June 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
North-West – TBC
- Day 1 – Tuesday 30 August 2022
- Day 2 – Wednesday 31 August 2022
- Day 3 – Tuesday 6 September 2022
- Day 4 – Wednesday 7 September 2022
- Day 5 – Tuesday 27 September 2022
South – The Professional Learning Institute – Glenorchy
- Day 1 – Thursday 27 October 2022
- Day 2 – Thursday 3 November 2022
- Day 3 – Thursday 10 November 2022
- Day 4 – Thursday 17 November 2022
- Day 5 – Thursday 24 November 2022