This professional learning over three sessions will support Prep-Year 2 teachers and QTCs to build their professional content and pedagogical knowledge in the area of early writing including: the importance of Draw, Talk, Write and Share, Interactive Writing, handwriting and Read Aloud.
Through engaging in this program participants will:
- increase their pedagogical and curriculum knowledge around writing in the early years.
- build a bank of evidenced based approaches to support the development of competent writers in early years classrooms.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
2 day face to face session – 9:00am – 3:30pm
Enrolment in this Professional Learning includes full participation in all three sessions.
North – Tailrace Centre – Launceston
- Monday 30 May 2022
- Monday 8 August 2022
North-West – Burnie Arts & Function Centre – Burnie
- Wednesday 1 June 2022
- Wednesday 10 August 2022
- Friday 3 June 2022 – Professional Learning Institute – Glenorchy
- Friday 12 August 2022 – TBA
Online Zoom session – 3.15pm – 4.30pm
- Wednesday 29 June 2022
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to this session.