This program will focus on the teaching and learning of Earth and space science through understanding content using contexts from science as a human endeavour and using an inquiry model informed by science inquiry.
Participants will explore strategies to build a solid foundation of knowledge in the Earth and space sub-strand.
By engaging in this workshop, participants will:
- know the changes to the Earth and space sub-strand content in the revised Australian Science curriculum
- understand the changes to achievement standards for the Earth and space sub-strand
- get clarity and direction to the essential content of Earth and space sub-strand that students should learn across the P -6 years of schooling
- plan quality units for the Earth and space sub-strand to explore the big ideas and key understandings, nature and uses through using inquiry practices.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
1 Day Program – 9:00am – 3:00pm
North – Tailrace – Launceston
- Thursday 24 March 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
South – Sustainability Learning Centre – Mt Nelson
- Friday 25 March 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
North-West – paranaple convention centre – Devonport
- Monday 28 March 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)