The course is designed to support staff who are new to teaching in the Early Years – Birth to Year 2
This course will support educators to:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of the Early Learning Teaching Practices Model (birth to year 2)
- build their capacity to use the Early Learning Teaching Practice model to inform and guide pedagogy
This course includes four x 1 hour online sessions starting in Term 3, with the final session in Term 4.
Participants will develop their understanding of the elements of the Early Learning Teaching Practices Model (B to Y2)
- how to apply the model to classroom practice
- how to access canvas resources
- Participants will be provided the opportunity to build and actively participate in collaborative networks
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
These 1 hour sessions will be delivered online.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
Online – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
- Session 1 – Thursday 11 August 2022
- Session 2 – Thursday 25 August 2022
- Session 3 – Thursday 8 September 2022
- Session 4 – Thursday 27 October 2022