10 hour self-paced online program
This 10 hour online program supports teachers and leaders to learn about how to use the PAT operating systems with your own PAT data. It is ideal for participants who may be using PAT and wish to learn more about how to interpret and apply evidence of student learning.
It is of particular value to in-school coaches, curriculum leaders and those responsible for school improvement planning.
Participants access the course using ACER’s online platform and complete at their own pace (with check in points and due dates for tasks) with support from an ACER facilitator.
Practical classroom-based tasks are provided for between-session learning using data from the participant’s school/class. Tow short assessment tasks are included. Participants will need to allocate time to complete these tasks.
The program also supports the intent of the DoE Assessment Strategy 2020-2023.
Participants will receive a certificate from ACER following successful completion and will be asked to complete a short feedback form on their experiences with the learning platform and course to inform future PL planning.
Please consider the time commitment that will be involved in completing this course when making your decision to enrol
Please note that enrolment is a commitment to the course and any request for withdrawal during the course will incur full cost to the school.
The PLI will process a journal to the relevant School or Business Unit following enrolment confirmation for DoE participants.
On successful completion of the course, schools will be reimbursed by Curriculum Services for the full costs for up two participants.
Further information: Getting Started with PAT (ACER)
- use PAT terminology to discuss the theory and concepts that underpin PAT;
- evaluate different types of PAT reports for use for a range of purposes; and
- apply the knowledge and skills in this course within professional contexts.
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Leading teaching and learning
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the session by ACER.
Online – Introductory Webinar – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Monday 16 August 2021
This 10 hour online program concludes on Friday 22 October 2021.