This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the launch of the new Tasmanian Handwriting Guide. This updated version has been aligned to Version 9 of the Australian Curriculum and broad consultation has been involved in this process.
You will hear from Dr Noella Mackenzie as she shares the latest research on why it is important to teach handwriting.
Learn what is new, what has been changed and how to use this in your daily teaching program to enhance literacy outcomes.
Participants will deepen their understandings of:
- The new Tasmanian Handwriting document
- Resources and practical ideas when teaching handwriting
- Current Alphabet charts including verbal pathways
- How to organise for handwriting instruction
- Overall benefits of explicitly teaching handwriting
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for an implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
This 1.5 hour session will be face-to-face
Term 1 – Latrobe Primary School – 3:15pm-5:00pm
- Wednesday 15 March 2023