This is the second of three workshops for school leaders and teachers of Health and Physical Education from Foundation – Year 10 to be held in Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3.
Participants will have the option to enrol in all workshops or select the one they can attend.
The term two workshop will be presented via Zoom, with information and processes involved in such a presentation being forwarded to those who enrol. Janice has been successfully facilitating workshops in NSW via this platform.
Term 2: Planning for quality learning at home in H&PE
- Unpacking a process to plan quality learning activities for students learning at home
- Creating relevant and engaging learning experiences that can be undertaken at home with or without technology for Health and PE
- Developing/reviewing learning activities to create a shared resource for H&PE teachers
To enrol in successive term workshops please use these links:
As a result of participating in the workshops, school leaders and teachers of Health and Physical Education will:
- Be able to plan and implement effective and efficient assessment processes, and be able to design practical and quality assessment tasks in their school context
- Become proficient in planning high quality learning activities for students learning at home
- Be able to create learning activities in H&PE that will be accessible with or without use of technology
- Ensure all H&PE lessons are inclusive of all learners and understand the differences between differentiation, adjustments and inclusion
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
This workshop will be offered online via Zoom. A link to join this workshop will be emailed to enrolled participants.
Zoom – 8:55am – 3:00pm
Tuesday 5 May 2020 – Online (North)
Wednesday 6 May 2020 – Online (North-West)
Thursday 7 May 2020 – Online (South)