Quality H&PE exists where the five inter-related propositions of the curriculum focus on educative purposes, take a strength-based approach, develop health literacy, value movement and include a critical inquiry approach to consistently guide curriculum, pedagogy and assessment.
This online session will focus on how the five propositions can:
- inform and drive pedagogical practices
- align with metacognitive practices
- be implemented when selecting and delivering content for students.
- know the importance of the five propositions in the context of their teaching
- understand that by embedding the propositions in their practice it will enhance learning outcomes for students
- be able to develop learning sequences that incorporate the five propositions.
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
This 30 minute session will be delivered Online and is being offered twice, please only enrol in one option.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
Tuesday 23 March 2021 – 3:15 pm to 3:45 pm
Tuesday 15 June 2021 – 3:15 pm to 3:45 pm