This workshop will focus on designing quality tasks in Health and Physical Education using the Australian Curriculum. Participants will learn how to use the achievement standards to design tasks for teaching, learning, and assessing their students.
They will explore how the different elements of the Australian curriculum including:
- achievement standards
- content description
- general capabilities
- cross-curriculum priorities
can be used to plan for learning that provide opportunities for students to achieve above and well above standard.
By engaging in this workshop, participants will:
- deepen their understanding of the achievement standards and the Australian Curriculum
- understand how the different elements of the Australian Curriculum can be used to assess the full breadth of student learning possible as outlined in the achievement standards
- build their capacity to create quality tasks.
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Term 1 Dates Cancelled
Face to face session – 9:00am to 3:00pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Glenorchy
- Wednesday 16 March 2022 (CANCELLED due to Covid-19)
North-West – paranaple convention centre – Devonport
- Tuesday 22 March 2022 (CANCELLED due to Covid-19)
North – Tailrace Centre – Launceston
- Wednesday 23 March 2022 (CANCELLED due to Covid-19)
Term 2 Dates – Cancelled