Growth Coaching International (GCI) is committed to delivering high-quality, research-informed and immediately implementable professional development programs that enhance the quality of conversations in school communities.
The Introduction to Leadership Coaching program is designed for anyone in a school or system leadership role who is looking to build the capacity of staff and in turn enhance the quality of teaching and learning through a coaching approach to professional conversations.
This highly practical program introduces school leaders to the ways in which coaching skills and concepts can be integrated into a way of leading. Over the two days, participants will actively explore, practice and experience the opportunities and challenges of leadership coaching in a supportive adult learning environment.
Non-DoE Enrolments –
Please complete the attached External – Enrolment – Form and email the form to PLI@Education.tas.gov.au
This program is designed to:
• Provide a clear understanding of what coaching is in an educational context
• Develop an understanding of the difference between formal coaching and taking ‘a coaching approach’
• Build confidence to use the GROWTH conversational framework immediately
• Build familiarity with all three elements of our approach to effective coaching: the GROWTH framework; key coaching skills; and the coaching way of being
• Provide a practical way of setting and achieving professional goals
• Provide an opportunity for direct experience of the impact of coaching conversations applied to real education topics
• Develop greater confidence and skill in giving feedback
• Develop understanding of the role of feedback in coaching and leadership conversations
• Provide a sound platform for further learning about applications of coaching in educational contexts
Developing self and others
6 Session Live Online Program
Session 1 – 3 June 2020 – 9:00am – 11:00am
Session 2 – 10 June 2020 – 9:00am – 11:00am
Session 3 – 15 June 2020 – 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Session 4 – 18 June 2020 – 9:30am – 11:00am
Session 5 – 23 June 2020 – 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Session 6 – 26 June 2020 – 9:30am – 11:00am