Leadership Starts from Within is designed to: build leadership capacity of people in the workplace, enable understanding and practice of contemporary leadership, allow participants to develop an understanding of ‘self as leader’ particularly through the lens of emotional intelligences, and to provide opportunity to enact effective leadership in the workplace.
Participants develop strength-based approaches to building leadership capabilities by undertaking, analysing and utilising a 360 Degree Feedback Survey.
This program is suitable for employees in either teaching or non-teaching roles where there is opportunity to lead.
Please note that this program closes for enrolments on Friday, 18 February 2022 (3 months before the first workshop date).
This program connects to a qualification pathway. It is one unit of four units required to attain the Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership) with UTAS. This program is 50% completion of the post graduate unit (EDP711 Leadership Starts from Within) leaving a balance of 50% which requires only one 2500 word reflective essay based on the program learnings.
Target Audience includes aspiring leaders and those in leadership positions:
- Teachers with a minimum of five years practice and full teacher registration (or evidence of working towards full registration).
- If you are in the non-teaching sector, you have had an opportunity to undertake a leadership role in the workplace. This opportunity may be/has been in an acting, short-term, project-based or fulltime capacity.
- You have the capacity to lead and/or influence improvement in the workplace.
- Your involvement is supported by your supervisor or principal.
By the end of this program participants will be able to demonstrate their growth in leadership knowledge and skills:
- gain understanding of self and self as a leader
- understand why and how personal beliefs and values underpin and influence a personal leadership platform
- gain knowledge and understanding of styles and attributes of leadership
- know how to plan for and reflect on their interactions with colleagues in ways that empower themselves and others
- gain knowledge about leadership for change environments
- articulate a personal leadership platform
- enact leadership using inquiry processes informed by leadership profile data
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Developing self and others
Leading the management of the school
4 Day Program
The Term 2 Sessions will be delivered as Statewide Distance Learning via Microsoft Teams and Canvas
Details will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
South – Online
Day 1 – Tuesday 7 June 2022 – 9:00am – 3:00pm
Day 2 – Tuesday 21 June 2022 – 9:00am – 3:00pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Day 3 – Tuesday 9 August 2022 – 9:00am – 3:30pm
Day 4 – Tuesday 11 October 2022 – 9:00am – 3:30pm
North – Online
Day 1 – Thursday 9 June 2022 – 9:00am – 3:00pm
Day 2 – Thursday 23 June 2022 – 9:00am – 3:00pm
North – Tailrace – Launceston
Day 3 – Thursday 11 August 2022 – 9:00am – 3:30pm
Day 4 – Thursday 13 October 2022 – 9:00am – 3:30pm