Leadership Starts from Within is designed to: build leadership capacity of people in the workplace, enable understanding and practice of contemporary leadership, allow participants to develop an understanding of ‘self as leader’ particularly through the lens of emotional intelligences, and to provide opportunity to enact effective leadership in the workplace.
Participants develop strength-based approaches to building leadership capabilities by undertaking, analysing and utilising 360o feedback data.
This program is suitable for employees in either teaching or non-teaching roles where there is opportunity to lead. A 360 Degree Feedback survey is a feature of this program.
Please note that this program closes for enrolments on Friday, 19 February 2021 (3 months before the first workshop date).
This program connects to a qualification pathway. It is one unit of four units required to attain the Post Graduate Certificate (Leadership) with UTAS. This program is 50% completion of the post graduate unit (ESM760 Leadership Starts from Within) leaving a balance of 50% which requires only one 2500 word reflective essay based on the program learnings.
Target Audience includes aspiring leaders and those in leadership positions:
- Teachers with a minimum of five years practice and full teacher registration (or evidence of working towards full registration).
- If you are in the non-teaching sector, you have had an opportunity to undertake a leadership role in the workplace. This opportunity may be/has been in an acting, short-term, project-based or fulltime capacity.
- You have the capacity to lead and/or influence improvement in the workplace.
- Your involvement is supported by your supervisor or principal.
Non-DoE Enrolments –
Please complete the attached External – Enrolment – Form and email the form to PLI@Education.tas.gov.au
By the end of this program participants will be able to demonstrate their growth in leadership knowledge and skills:
- gain understanding of self and self as a leader
- understand why and how personal beliefs and values underpin and influence a personal leadership platform
- gain knowledge and understanding of styles and attributes of leadership
- know how to plan for and reflect on their interactions with colleagues in ways that empower themselves and others
- gain knowledge about leadership for change environments
- articulate a personal leadership platform
- enact leadership using inquiry processes informed by leadership profile data.
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Developing self and others
Leading improvement, innovation and change
4 Day Program
The Term 2 Sessions will be delivered as Statewide Distance Learning via Microsoft Teams and Canvas
Details will be sent to participants
South – Online
Day 1 – Tuesday 8 June 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm
Day 2 – Monday 21 June 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Day 3 – Tuesday 10 August 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm
Day 4 – Tuesday 12 October 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm
North – Online
Day 1 – Thursday 10 June 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm
Day 2 – Thursday 24 June 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm
North – Tailrace – Launceston
Day 3 – Thursday 12 August 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm
Day 4- Thursday 14 October 2021 – 9.00am – 3.30pm