Leadership Starts from Within is designed to: build leadership capacity of people in the workplace, enable understanding and practice of contemporary leadership, allow participants to develop an understanding of ‘self as leader’ particularly through the lens of emotional intelligences, and to provide opportunity to enact effective leadership in the workplace. Participants develop strength-based approaches to building leadership capabilities by undertaking, analysing and utilising 360o feedback data. This program is suitable for employees in either teaching or non-teaching roles where there is opportunity to lead. A 360 Degree Feedback survey is a feature of this program.
Please note that this program closes for enrolments on Friday, 22 February 2019 (3 months before the first workshop date).
You can undertake this program as either leadership career development or as part of a qualification pathway. If you choose the qualification pathway this unit is one of four units required to attain the Graduate Certificate (Leadership) with UTAS.
As a postgraduate unit this program:
- is 50% completion of the postgraduate unit (ESM760 Leadership Starts from Within)
- leaves a balance of 50% which requires only one 2 500 word reflective essay based on the program learnings
- has a UTAS enrolment in the Spring Semester (October 2019 – January 2020)
- is fully supported by a HECs scholarship.
More details regarding the postgraduate study opportunity are available via the link below.
By the end of this program participants will be able to demonstrate their growth in leadership knowledge and skills:
- gain understanding of self and self as a leader
- understand why and how personal beliefs and values underpin and influence a personal leadership platform
- gain knowledge and understanding of styles and attributes of leadership
- know how to plan for and reflect on their interactions with colleagues in ways that empower themselves and others
- gain knowledge about leadership for change environments
- articulate a personal leadership platform
- enact leadership using inquiry processes informed by leadership profile data.
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Developing self and others
Leading improvement, innovation and change
4 Day Program – 8.45am- 3.30pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Thursday 20 June 2019
Friday 21 June 2019
Thursday 22 August 2019
Tuesday 29 October 2019
North – West
Wednesday 12 June 2019 – Penguin Community Learning Centre, Penguin
Thursday 13 June 2019 – Penguin Community Learning Centre, Penguin
Tuesday 20 August 2019 – The Waterfront, Devonport
Tuesday 22 October 2019 – Penguin Community Learning Centre, Penguin