Leadership Starts from Within is designed to: build leadership capacity of people in the workplace, enable understanding and practice of contemporary leadership, allow participants to develop an understanding of ‘self as leader’ particularly through the lens of emotional intelligences, and to provide opportunity to enact effective leadership in the workplace.
Participants develop strength-based approaches to building leadership capabilities by undertaking, analysing and utilising 360o feedback data.
This program is suitable for employees in either teaching or non-teaching roles where there is opportunity to lead. A 360 Degree Feedback survey is a feature of this program.
Please note that this program closes for enrolments on Friday, 21 February 2020 (3 months before the first workshop date).
This program connects to a qualification pathway. It is one unit of four units required to attain the Post Graduate Certificate (Leadership) with UTAS This program:
- is 50% completion of the post graduate unit (ESM760 Leadership Starts from Within)
- leaves a balance of 50% which requires only one 2500 word reflective essay based on the program learnings
- has a UTAS enrolment in the Spring Semester (October 2019 – January 2020)
- is fully supported by a HECs scholarship
Target Audience includes aspiring leaders and those in leadership positions:
- Teachers with a minimum of five years practice and full teacher registration (or evidence of working towards full registration).
- If you are in the non-teaching sector, you have had an opportunity to undertake a leadership role in the workplace. This opportunity may be/has been in an acting, short-term, project-based or fulltime capacity.
- You have the capacity to lead and/or influence improvement in the workplace.
- Your involvement is supported by your supervisor or principal.
By the end of this program participants will be able to demonstrate their growth in leadership knowledge and skills:
- gain understanding of self and self as a leader
- understand why and how personal beliefs and values underpin and influence a personal leadership platform
- gain knowledge and understanding of styles and attributes of leadership
- know how to plan for and reflect on their interactions with colleagues in ways that empower themselves and others
- gain knowledge about leadership for change environments
- articulate a personal leadership platform
- enact leadership using inquiry processes informed by leadership profile data.
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Developing self and others
Leading improvement, innovation and change
4 Day Program – 8.45am- 3.30pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Thursday 25 June 2020
Friday 26 June 2020
Thursday 20 August 2020
Tuesday 27 October 2020
North – Tailrace Centre– Launceston
Wednesday 17 June 2020
Thursday 18 June 2020
Tuesday 18 August 2020
Tuesday 20 October 2020