Leading Teams is a program designed to build leadership capacity of aspiring and entry-level managers, teachers (Year-level coordinators, ASTs, APs) support staff and IT Senior Support Officers. The program focuses on developing an understanding of ‘the why and how’ of effectively leading others, creating the team conditions for creativity and innovative thinking and building personal leadership skills that support high-performing team practices. These practices include:
- effective communication skills
- understanding and resolving conflict in the workplace
- how to build capacity in others
- how to delegate and empower others
- how to enact processes for working in teams.
This program is delivered as a blend of face-to-face and online sessions and self-directed online learning through the Canvas platform. There are 2 full day professional learning days. Scheduling is mindful of adequate screen breaks and a range of participants’ workplace contexts.
By the end of this program participants will be able to demonstrate their growth in knowledge and skills and will:
- gain understanding of team dynamics
- gain understanding of leadership to build effective, high-performing teams
- enact leadership across the workplace
- build capacity in team members to lead in your local context
- gain knowledge and understanding of styles and attributes of leadership
- understand and utilise a range of team processes and protocols to support effective team practices.
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
This program is delivered as a blend of face-to-face online sessions and self-directed online learning through the Canvas platform.
Details and Canvas room access will be sent to enrolled participants.
Term 2 Intake – Online
- Day 1 – Tuesday 1 June 2021- 9.00am – 3.00pm
- Day 2 – Thursday 1 July 2021- 9.00am – 3.00pm
Term 3 Intake – Online
- Day 1 – Wednesday 28 July 2021 – 9.00am – 3.00pm
- Day 2 – Wednesday 25 August 2021 – 9.00am – 3.00pm