Leaders are judged by everything they say and do, and don’t say or do. Mastering conversations that set a positive school tone, strengthen your leadership and sustain your wellbeing is a vital school leadership skill.
The focus of the program is on actionable strategies participants can begin applying in their practice immediately. The session design features: immersing participants in a range of practical strategies and understandings; individual reflection and planning; and participant interaction with each other to process learning and to practise skills with each other.
- demonstrate understanding of how their own values, beliefs and assumptions influence their emotional responses to challenging situations
- demonstrate understanding of how to prepare emotionally and practically for all conversations, even conversations which catch them off guard, so that relationships are maintained
- practise using conversation frameworks to convey constructive and authentically positive ‘messages’ in interactions, even when it’s hard to see positives
- navigate their way more confidently through conversations, using strategies for reframing them as conversations unfold
- plan specifically for authentic, productive, respectful and accountable feedback conversations, both informal and formal, that align adults with the DoE and school values
- design techniques for their own positive reflection and for sustaining their wellbeing
Developing self and others
Leading the management of the school
This 4 hour workshop will be delivered Online
The link to the workshop will be sent to participants 48 hours prior to the sessions.
Session 1 – Tuesday 1 June 2021 – 9.00am – 11.00am
Session 2 – Thursday 3 June 2021 – 9.00am – 11.00am