School leaders are judged by everything they say and do, and don’t say or do. Mastering conversations that sustain your wellbeing, strengthen your leadership and set a positive school tone is a vital school leadership skill.
Leading with Transformational Conversations has been designed in response to Action 9 of the Principal Wellbeing Action Plan 2019 – 2020.
The focus of the program is on actionable strategies participants can begin applying in their practice immediately. The session design features: immersing participants in a range of practical strategies and understandings; individual reflection and planning; and participant interaction with each other to process learning and to practise skills on each other.
Please note the June Online program is now fully subscribed.
• demonstrate understanding of how their own values, beliefs and assumptions influence their emotional responses to challenging situations
• demonstrate understanding of how to prepare emotionally and practically for all conversations, even conversations which catch them off guard, so that relationships are maintained
• practise using conversation frameworks to convey constructive and authentically positive ‘messages’ in interactions, even when it’s hard to see anything positive
• navigate their way more confidently through conversations, using strategies for reframing them as they unfold
• plan specifically for authentic, productive, respectful and accountable feedback conversations, both informal and formal, that align adults with the DoE and school values
• design techniques for their own positive reflection and for sustaining their wellbeing
Developing self and others
This 4 hour workshop will be delivered Online
The link and details will be sent to participants prior to the sessions
Session 1 – Tuesday 8 September 2020 – 9.30am – 11.30am
Session 2 – Thursday 10 September 2020 – 9.30am – 11.30am