The Manager Essentials Program (MEP) is a whole-of-service program designed and developed to increase the fundamental management capabilities of managers across the Tasmanian State Service. The program is for current managers who have management and supervisory responsibility.
The program is endorsed by the Head of the State Service and all Heads of Departments, as a commitment to identifying and developing current managers in the State Service.
MEP is delivered over eight months and consists of a half day orientation plus a series of four active learning modules as well as on-the-job learning activities.
Module 1 – Understanding self and developing others: the reflective mindset.
Module 2 – Understanding Government and Governance
Module 3 – Managing People
Module 4 – Creating a Positive Work Environment
The program is aimed at mid-level managers (Band 6, 7 and 8) or equivalent roles that have responsibilities for the full range of management functions (people, budgets, resources), including having team members with at least 4-8 direct reports.
It is essential that participants are current managers.
More information see attached Fact Sheet for Manager Essentials Programs and/or contact Karena Gregory at the PLI firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program will:
- enhance the State Service core management capabilities, so that the Service is well positioned to meet its current and future requirements
- provide a consistent approach and understanding to management practices
- provide an integrated learning pathway and prepare managers (frontline, middle and senior) for future management roles
- equip State Service managers to manage, support and develop people and lead their teams
- offer good value for money, and provide credible and knowledgeable program facilitators
- have a compelling and well-defined learning approach that meet participants and government management skills requirements with excellence
- be a unique Tasmanian context program for managers from across all agencies and authorities.
Registration is via the Tasmanian Training Consortium (TTC).
Click below on the link corresponding to the appropriate program.
Numbers are limited. Registration must be endorsed by line mangers/business unit head.
Program 11 Hobart – enrolments close 8 February Register P11
½ Day Induction Workshop – 12 March
Module 1 Workshop – 2 April
Module 2 Workshop – 28 May
Module 3 Workshop – 23 July
Module 4 Workshop – 17 September
½ Day Graduation – 12 November
Program 12 Hobart – enrolments close 8 February Register P12
½ Day Induction Workshop – 13 March
Module 1 Workshop – 3 April
Module 2 Workshop – 29 May
Module 3 Workshop – 24 July
Module 4 Workshop – 28 September
½ Day Graduation – 13 November
Program 13 Launceston – enrolments close 19 April Register P13
½ Day Induction Workshop – 14 May
Module 1 Workshop – 11 June
Module 2 Workshop – 6 August
Module 3 Workshop – 3 October
Module 4 Workshop – 19 November
½ Day Graduation – 11 February 2020
Program 14 Hobart – enrolments close 18 May Register P14
½ Day Induction Workshop – 18 June
Module 1 Workshop – 13 August
Module 2 Workshop – 15 October
Module 3 Workshop – 3 December
Module 4 Workshop – 4 February 2020
½ Day Graduation – 7 April 2020