The four-day, Middle Level Leadership in Schools program has been specifically designed to build the capability, skills and confidence of middle-level leaders to lead and manage change in their current role.
The learning has been innovatively designed to build participants’ applied knowledge and understanding of the professional practices and leadership requirements (Australian Professional Standard for Principals) for leaders through providing practical skills and tools that can be used within their roles.
This program is open to leaders currently in a merit selected AST or AP level leadership role in a permanent or acting capacity. Participants can be new to a formal leadership position or have extensive leadership experience in a middle level leadership role. The learning will be differentiated for participants.
The Learnings from this program build on the experiences gained from “Leaderships Starts from Within”.
- Short initial self-reflection prior to the commencement of the program
- 90-minute online introduction session
- Four individual days of face-to-face professional learning
- 2 individual coaching calls per participant throughout the program
Participants will develop their practical leadership capabilities relevant in their role as a middle-level leader through the following areas (aligned to the Australian Professional Standards);
- leading a team and developing team culture
- being a great team player
- the development of self as a leader
- leading teaching and learning
- leading innovation and change
- developing efficient processes and systems to lead and manage
- measuring and improving your impact as a leader
Leading teaching and learning
Developing self and others
Leading improvement, innovation and change
Leading the management of the school
Online – Monday 28 June 2021 – 90 minute – 9:15am – 10:45am
Venue determined by enrolment geography
Workshop 1 – Monday 26 July 2021 – 8:45am -3:30pm
Workshop 2 – Monday 16 August 2021 – 8:45am -3:30pm
Workshop 3 – Monday 13 September 2021 – 8:45am -3:30pm
Workshop 4 – Monday 18 October 2021 – 8:45am -3:30pm