The Middle Leaders in School program incorporates a blended learning approach. This includes four face-to-face workshops as well as asynchronous learning throughout 2023. The program has been specifically designed to build middle-level leaders’ capability, skills, and confidence to lead and manage change in their current roles.
The learning has been innovatively designed to build participants’ applied knowledge and understanding of the professional practices and leadership requirements (Australian Professional Standard for Principals) for leaders by providing practical skills and tools that can be used within their roles. The learning aligns with the Department’s 2022-2024 Learners First Strategic Plan, Our Approach to School Improvement and High-Impact Leadership Team characteristics.
This program is open to middle leaders in a permanent or acting capacity. Participants can be new to a formal leadership position or have extensive leadership experience in a middle-level leadership role. The learning will be differentiated for participants throughout the program.
Leaders who have completed ‘Leadership Starts from Within’, will find this opportunity a good next step in professional learning opportunity.
- Short initial self-reflection prior to the commencement of the program
- Four individual days of face-to-face professional learning
- Unlimited 1:1 coaching calls per participant throughout the program
- Access to online, on-demand resources and tools for participants to enhance their learning.
Participants will develop their practical leadership capabilities relevant to their role as a middle-level leader through the following areas (aligned to the Australian Professional Standards):
- leading a team and developing team culture
- being a great team player
- the development of self as a leader
- leading teaching and learning
- leading innovation and change
- developing efficient processes and systems to lead and manage
- measuring and improving your impact as a leader
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
This is a statewide program of 4 workshop days delivered as 2 days in Launceston and 2 days in Hobart.
Statewide – 8:45 am -3:15 pm
- Day 1 – Friday 28 April 2023 – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy
- Day 2 – Friday 19 May 2023 – Tailrace Centre, Launceston
- Day 3 – Friday 25 August 2023 – Tailrace Centre, Launceston
- Day 4 – Thursday 16 November 2023 – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy