The Middle Leaders in School program incorporates a blended learning approach. This includes four face to face workshops as well as asynchronous learning throughout 2022. The program has been specifically designed to build the capability, skills, and confidence of middle-level leaders to lead and manage change in their current role.
The learning has been innovatively designed to build participants’ applied knowledge and understanding of the professional practices and leadership requirements (Australian Professional Standard for Principals) for leaders through providing practical skills and tools that can be used within their roles. The learning is aligned to the Department’s 2022-2024 Learners First Strategic Plan, Our Approach to School Improvement and High-Impact Leadership Team characteristics.
This program is open to middle leaders in a permanent or acting capacity. Participants can be new to a formal leadership position or have extensive leadership experience in a middle level leadership role. The learning will be differentiated for participants throughout the program.
Leaders who have completed ‘Leadership Starts from Within’, will find this opportunity a good next step professional learning opportunity.
- Short initial self-reflection prior to the commencement of the program
- Four individual days of face-to-face professional learning
- Unlimited 1:1 coaching calls per participant throughout the program
- Access to online, on-demand resources and tools for participants to enhance their learning.
Participants will develop their practical leadership capabilities relevant in their role as a middle-level leader through the following areas (aligned to the Australian Professional Standards);
- leading a team and developing team culture
- being a great team player
- the development of self as a leader
- leading teaching and learning
- leading innovation and change
- developing efficient processes and systems to lead and manage
- measuring and improving your impact as a leader
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
4 Day Program – 8:45am -3:15pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Glenorchy
- Day 1 – Friday 20 May 2022
Venue determined by enrolment geography
- Day 2 – Monday 20 June 2022
- Day 3 – Monday 8 August 2022
- Day 4 – Monday 24 October 2022