Online Modules – updated information for users:
Note: There is no longer a ‘lock-out’ period for the assessment on any of the modules. Please ignore any instruction that says you have only 3 attempts as you now have unlimited attempts to get the questions right. Modules no longer have the capacity to issue a certificate of completion.
These online modules provide teachers with essential professional learning in the Professional Standards, self-reflection, self-inquiry, discussions with colleagues, and to assist teachers to receive feedback on their teaching practice.
The suite of modules contains professional learning in relation to the following:
- Module 1: The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APSTs)
- Module 2: Evidencing Practice
- Module 3: Change of Registration Category Process.
The modules were funded by the Department of Education and jointly developed by the Professional Learning Institute (PLI) and the Teachers Registration Board of Tasmania (TRB).
The modules focus on the Standards at the Proficient Career Stage and underpin the process for gaining Full Registration.
Each module takes around an hour to complete.
- Guides to help users as they complete the modules
- Video Testimonials by Tasmanian educators
- Activities and Time to Reflect
These modules can be used as a valuable resource in different circumstances:
- For professional learning and development
- For change of registration category
- For principals, teachers with full registration and practice-focused mentors who support, mentor and supervise colleagues, especially early career teachers, undertaking the change of registration category process.
The suite of three modules are now accessible at Meeting the Standards – Demonstrating Performance against the APSTs.
You will need to create an account (email and password) and allow an hour to complete each module, however you can take as long as you need.