These online modules provide teachers with essential professional learning in the Professional Standards, self-reflection, self-inquiry, discussions with colleagues, and to assist teachers to receive feedback on their teaching practice.
The suite of modules contains professional learning in relation to the following:
- Module 1: The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APSTs)
- Module 2: Evidencing Practice
- Module 3: Change of Registration Category Process.
The modules were funded by the Department of Education and jointly developed by the Professional Learning Institute (PLI) and the Teachers Registration Board of Tasmania (TRB).
The modules focus on the Standards at the Proficient Career Stage and underpin the process for gaining Full Registration.
Each module takes around an hour to complete.
- Guides to help users as they complete the modules
- Video Testimonials by Tasmanian educators
- Activities and Time to Reflect
- Assessment (users will have three attempts to satisfactorily complete each assessment)
- Certificates printable from the Home page after successful completion of each module
These modules can be used as a valuable resource in different circumstances:
- For professional learning and development
- For change of registration category
- For principals, teachers with full registration and practice-focused mentors who support, mentor and supervise colleagues, especially early career teachers, undertaking the change of registration category process.
The suite of three modules are now accessible by clicking here.
You will need to create an account (email and password) and allow an hour to complete each module, however you can take as long as you need.