This professional learning will deepen understandings of how we can build genuine partnerships with families focused on the learning and development of children birth to four years of age.
The course provides current research about effective ways to partner with parents and the creation of psychologically safe environments.
This course is delivered across a two day spaced learning model and also includes access to a Canvas course of resources and the option of follow up conversations via Microsoft Teams.
Participants will deepen their understandings of:
- Research and strategies for building strong, impactful partnerships with families
- Relationships as the foundation for children’s learning
- Using scales of ‘involvement’ and ‘wellbeing’ to observe children’s learning
- How play schemas can unlock and support children’s learning and behaviours
- Sharing the literacy and numeracy opportunities in everyday activities
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
2 Day Program – 9.00am – 3.30pm
South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Day 1 – Monday 26 July 2021
Day 2 – Monday 23 August 2021
North – Tailrace – Launceston
Day 1 – Wednesday 28 July 2021
Day 2 – Wednesday 25 August 2021