12 Hour Online Program
This 12 hour online program supports schools where PAT testing is used. It focuses on analysis and critical evaluation of PAT reports to target learning needs and precise teaching strategies to differentiate teaching. It is of particular value to in-school coaches, curriculum leaders and those responsible for school improvement planning.
Participants access the course using ACER’s online platform and complete at their own pace (with check in points and due dates for tasks) with support from an ACER facilitator. Practical classroom-based tasks are provided for between-session learning using data from the participant’s school/class. Two assessment tasks are included during the course. Participants will need to allocate time to complete these tasks.
The program also supports the intent of the DoE Assessment Strategy.
Participants will be provided with a certificate from ACER following successful completion and will be asked to complete a short feedback form on their experiences with the learning platform and course to inform future PL planning.
*Please consider the time commitment that will be involved in completing this course when making your decision to enrol.
* Please note that enrolment indicates commitment to the course. Requests for withdrawal during the course will incur full cost to the school.
The PLI will process a journal to the relevant School or Business Unit following enrolment confirmation for DoE participants.
On successful completion of the course, schools will be reimbursed by Curriculum Services for the full costs for up two participants.
Further information: Data Driven Decisions (ACER)
- Analyse and critically evaluate a range of PAT data and reports
- Identify teaching strategies that differentiate learning for different students/groups
- Use PAT data to target learning needs of different students and groups.
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Leading teaching and learning
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the session.
Online – Introductory Webinar – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
Monday 23 August 2021
This online program concludes on Friday 5 November 2021.