15 Hour Online Program
This 15 hour online program supports schools where PAT testing is used. It focuses on analysis and critical evaluation of PAT reports to target learning needs and precise teaching strategies to differentiate teaching. It is of particular value to in-school coaches, curriculum leaders and those responsible for school improvement planning.
Participants access the course using ACER’s online platform and complete at their own pace (with check in points and due dates for tasks) with support from an ACER facilitator. Practical classroom-based tasks are provided for between-session learning using data from the participant’s school/class. Two assessment tasks are included during the course. Participants will need to allocate time to complete these tasks.
The program also supports the intent of the DoE Assessment Strategy.
Participants will be provided with a certificate from ACER following successful completion and will be asked to complete a short feedback form on their experiences with the learning platform and course to inform future PL planning.
- it is important to consider the time commitment that will be involved in completing this course when making your decision to enrol
- enrolment is a commitment to the course and any request for withdrawal during the course will incur full cost to the school.
Schools will be invoiced and required to pay the cost of the program. On successful completion of the course, schools will be reimbursed by Curriculum Services for the full costs for up two participants.
Further information: https://www.acer.org/au/professional-learning/events/data-driven-decisions
- Analyse and critically evaluate a range of PAT data and reports
- Identify teaching strategies that differentiate learning for different students/groups
- Use PAT data to target learning needs of different students and groups.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the session.
Online – Introductory Webinar – 3:30pm
- Monday 29 August 2022
This online program concludes on Monday 14 November 2022.