This professional learning program is designed to increase school leaders’ knowledge, skills and capabilities to embed professional learning communities (PLCs) as a means for improving teaching quality and student outcomes and ensuring sustained school and system improvement.
The program is delivered through a blended approach where participants will engage in face-to face forum days, an on-line survey, on-line and in-school coaching and school-based inquiry.
Forum days focus on the following topics.
• PLCs – What they are and what they are not
• Developing high levels of collaboration
• 12 Actions to guide the work of collaborative teams
• Review day – learning together, sharing and celebrating progress, identifying next steps
- understand what a PLC is and how a PLC can sustain school and system improvement
- develop the knowledge and skills to create a strong professional culture characterised by shared norms and values, a focus on student learning, collaboration and reflective inquiry
- recognise and know how to establish the conditions that support a vibrant and productive professional community
- build skills, confidence and experience in using evidence about student outcomes to continually improve professional knowledge and practice.
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Leading teaching and learning
Developing self and others
Leading improvement, innovation and change
Leading the management of the school
4 Day Workshop – 8.45am – 3.30pm
Wednesday 24 March 2021 – North – Tailrace – Launceston
Thursday 25 March 2021- North – Tailrace – Launceston
Thursday 29 July 2021 – TBA
Wednesday 20 October 2021- TBA