This workshop will focus on designing quality tasks in Science using the Australian Curriculum. Participants will learn how to use the achievement standards to design tasks for teaching, learning, and assessing their students. They will explore how to use the different elements of the Australian curriculum that can be used to plan for learning that provide opportunities for students to achieve above and well above standard:
- achievement standard
- content descriptions
- general capabilities, and
- cross-curriculum priorities.
The workshop is delivered as a full day face to face or as a series of three one and half-hour online sessions. Participants can choose one of the options.
By engaging in this workshop, participants will:
- deepen their understanding of the achievement standards and the Australian Curriculum
- understand how the different elements of the Australian Curriculum can be used to assess the full breadth of the achievement standards
- build their capacity to create quality tasks.
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
1 Day program
North-West – paranaple convention centre, Devonport – 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Friday 4 March 2022
North – Tailrace Centre, Launceston – 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Monday 7 March 2022
South – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy – 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Tuesday 15 March 2022
Online – 3:15pm – 4:45pm
- Wednesday 16 March 2022
- Wednesday 23 March 2022
- Wednesday 30 March 2022
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.