One of the cross-curriculum priorities of most relevance and meaning to the Science curriculum is Sustainability.
The aim of this program is to strengthen participant understanding of how through science, students develop the skills to respond to contemporary challenges to sustainability.
By engaging in this workshop, participants will:
- know how to include the sustainability priority in their planning to provide contexts for understanding biological, Earth and space, physical and chemical systems
- understand strategies to enable students to develop, model, analyse and improve solutions to problems and to design preferred sustainable futures
- plan for providing opportunities to students to explore the contributions of First Nations Australians in designing sustainable products, environments and services.
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
1 Day Program – 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Wednesday 6 April 2022 – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy
- Thursday 7 April 2022 -paranaple convention centre, Devonport
- Monday 11 April 2022 – Tailrace Centre, Launceston