This professional learning opportunity gives teachers an overview of low vision and blindness and the implications of these conditions for teaching and learning.
The session will also focus on social competency, universal design for learning, orientation and mobility and supporting the wellbeing of students who are blind or have low vision.
Staff will gain a basic understanding of low vision and blindness and the implications of these conditions for teaching and learning.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
3 hour program
South – Sustainability Learning Centre, Mt Nelson – 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- Friday 11 March 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
North-West – Burnie HIgh School, Burnie – 11:00am – 2:00pm
- Tuesday 15 March 2022 – (Cancelled due to COVID-19)