Shadowing for Aspiring Business Managers provides participants with an understanding of the practices that underpin the work of effective Business Managers. The program aims to develop strength-based approaches to building leadership and management capabilities of administrative staff, to introduce participants to basic department finance and budget processes and platforms, and to provide school or corporate experiences for participants to observe the daily-relational demands of the Business Manager. A strengths-based personal survey contributes to understanding self and others in the context of how to lead and manage others in the workplace.
By the end of this program participants will be able to demonstrate their growth in knowledge and skills and will:
- Gain understanding of self and others (Relationship Awareness Theory)
- Understand that effective business managers are both leaders and managers
- Understand the complexity and diversity of the business manager’s role
- Know how to create and maintain work conditions for self and others using relationship awareness theory approaches
- Know how to enact leadership and management attributes to build teams, set direction, achieve goals and respond to change initiatives
- Know how to perform a range of SBM/BM-specific tasks.
The Program will be delivered as Statewide Distance Learning via Microsoft Teams and Canvas
Canvas room access will be sent to participants
Webinar via Teams
Wednesday 22 July 2020 – 9.30am – 12.30pm
Shadowing placements during Term 3 and 4