This online program is designed to build the knowledge and skills of DoE staff tasked with communicating on Social Media as part of their role. The program was developed to minimise risks identified in the RiMAC audit (Use of Social Media, 2018).
The program covers the following:
- Images and Permissions
- Facebook Business Manager
- Page Moderation
- How to participate in Social Media for work only
- Resources and help available
By the end of the program participants will be able to:
- communicate on social media within DoE Policy and Procedure
- know where to access support and resources
- more effectively manage their sites social media presence
This program is delivered as online learning through the Canvas Platform.
Staff can self-enrol via the following link: https://canvas.education.tas.gov.au/enroll/FPAC9D
This program is self-paced and can be completed in multiple sittings, the time taken to complete the program is dependent on the individual. On average, this would be equivalent to 3 to 4 hours of professional learning.
There is no deadline to complete. However, the recommendation is within three months of registering.