New and beginning support teachers are encouraged to attend this Professional Learning to support them as they begin in the role as Support Teacher. Discussion topics include; the role of the Support Teacher, where they can access support, Learning Plans, National Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) and the Disability Funding moderation process, ways of communicating within the team and where to find information. Participants are encouraged to attend the session as an opportunity to meet some of the team, including Inclusive Practice Coaches and Inclusion and Cultural Diversity staff.
Participants will gain an increased understanding of the role of the Support teacher, obligations under the Disability Standards for Education as well as an overview of both the National Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) and the Tasmania Educational Adjustment Funding Model and contingency process.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Face to Face 1-day program – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Each term is a repeat session
South – Professional Learning Institute, Goodwood
- Term 1 – Wednesday 22 February 2023
- Term 2 – Wednesday 10 May 2023 (repeat)
North – Tailrace Centre
- Term 1 – Tuesday 21 February 2023
North-West – paranaple convention centre
- Term 1 – Monday 20 February 2023
- Term 2 – Monday 08 May 2023 (repeat)