The Induction for Beginning and New Support Teachers aims to enrich support teachers’ understanding of the primary duties and responsibilities of their role throughout the year. It includes a focus on the importance of developing increasingly inclusive schools where diversity is valued and students’ strengths and needs are supported through responsive and targeted learning programs and resources.
- The Support Teacher primary duties and responsibilities and how these operate in varying school contexts across the school year
- Understating Educational Adjustments for students with a disability
- The DoE expectations for developing Learning Plans
- Understanding the NCCD and the Tasmanian Educational Adjustment Funding Model
- Understanding and accessing other DoE teams.
Participants will gain an increased understanding of the role of the Support Teacher. The induction will include planning for inclusive teaching and whole school practices; an understanding of educational adjustments, including documenting learning programs in learning plans, and elevating school-wide policies and practices to best support students with disability. They will have opportunity to reflect, share, refine or create strategies, individually and with colleagues, that build on their practice strengths to support school staff in teaching for diversity through optimal learning opportunities for students with disability. That you leave feeling more knowledgeable and confident in the role.
Ready and able to
- develop a plan to enable you to meet the requirements of the primary duties and responsibilities
- link to colleagues and resources to support best practice
- ready to listen to students and families and colleagues to negotiate and navigate learning pathways flexibly
- reflective of your values and beliefs, your actions and decisions and how these impact on student learning outcomes
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Online – 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday 17 May 2022
- Thursday 19 May 2022