This face to face professional learning day for Prep teachers will be delivered by Noella Mackenzie , education consultant and adjunct associate professor in the school of education at Charles Sturt University NSW.
The day will focus on the importance of Draw, Talk, Write and Share approaches to literacy learning, Interactive Writing and The Power of Read Alouds.
A follow up Zoom session will be offered in Term 3-Thursday 16 September 2021-The participants will have an opportunity to share their actions and questions related to their literacy practice.
Participants will deepen their understanding of literacy practices in prep and how to apply them in their context.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Face to face session – 9:00am – 3:30pm
North-West – paranaple convention centre, Devonport
- Monday 2 August 2021
North-West – Burnie Arts and Function Centre, Burnie
- Wednesday 4 August 2021
Follow up Online Zoom session – 3.30pm – 4.30pm
- Thursday 16 September 2021
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to this session.