Build understanding of the curriculum, develop processes to design rich learning and assessment tasks, and network with colleagues to share authentic practice. To assist with managing the Australian Curriculum and meeting student needs participants will unpack guidelines and resources in relation to the Technologies learning area. This series of workshops will be held one day each term in the North-West, North and South.
Participants will have the option to enrol in all four workshops or select those they can attend as each term will have a different focus and respond to participants needs.
Teachers of Technologies F-10 will:
- Gain clarity of what to teach, when and how
- Develop and build leadership capacity to support colleagues’ learning particularly with the systematic delivery of Technologies
- Construct learning experiences that are accessible, engaging and challenging
- Discover ways to maximise student learning and wellbeing
- Incorporate the general capabilities and cross curricula priorities in their planning
- Ensure that assessment processes are aligned with the curriculum
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
1 Day Program – 9:00am – 3:45pm
Friday 16 October – South – Professional Learning Institute – Hobart
Tuesday 20 October – North West – TBA – Burnie