This professional learning program is a series of four workshops designed to take a closer look at the content of the Science Understanding strands and their interrelationship with Science Inquiry and Science as a Human Endeavour strands. The purpose of the workshops is to enhance understanding of the Australian Curriculum: Science Version 9.0 for school leaders and teachers with the expectation that the science learning of their students will be enhanced.
While maximum value will be realised by participating in all four workshops, participants can attend individual workshops.
Term 1: taking a closer look at Chemistry
Term 2: taking a closer look at Physics
Term 3: taking a closer look at Earth and Space Science
Term 4: taking a closer look at Biology
By engaging in this professional learning participants will:
• gain deep knowledge of the Australian Curriculum: Science Version 9.0
• know how to design and implement quality science curriculum units and assessments
• understand the interrelationship between the three strands: Science Understanding, Science as a Human Endeavour, and Science Inquiry.
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
This is a state-wide program to be held in Campbell Town Recreation Ground
Time for all four workshops: 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Term 1: Thursday, March 30, 2023 – Taking a closer look at Chemistry
- Term 2: Thursday, May 25, 2023 – Taking a closer look at Physics
- Term 3: Thursday, September 14, 2023 – Taking a closer look at Earth and Space Science
- Term 4: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 – Taking a closer look at Biology