This session introduces the learner to a contemporary view of Aboriginal Communities and people living and working in Tasmania today. It discusses the diversity of Tasmanian Aboriginal people and Communities and gives information about interacting with Aboriginal Communities in your local area.
- Know about the diversity of Tasmanian Aboriginal Community
- Recognise the impact of invasion and colonisation
- Understand that mainland Aboriginal philosophies or understandings may not apply to the Tasmanian Aboriginal context
- Develop greater insight and courage to seek answers
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Engaging and working with the community
This 1 hour session will be delivered online between 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm.
The link to the meeting platform will be sent to participants prior to the sessions.
- Thursday 18 August 2022
- Tuesday 8 November 2022