Expression of Interest Now Closed
Click on brochures below for further information:
Expression of Interest closing 30th September 2018.
Friday 7th September 2018 – 3.45pm – 4.45pm in the following areas:
South – Professional Learning Institute, 9 Timsbury Rd, Glenorchy
North – Learning Services North, Lvl 1 Henty House, 1 Civic Square, Launceston
North West – Learning Services North West, 1 Fenton Street, Devonport
The Teacher Development: Early Childhood Specialisation Initiative provides Department of Education teachers with the opportunity to further develop the specialised expertise to deliver quality early childhood programs. This initiative supports teachers to complete a Graduate Certificate (Early Childhood) with the University of Tasmania (UTAS), and build knowledge, skills and practice of theory, pedagogy and leadership in early childhood education.
Kindergartens will be assessed against the NQS from 2020. In order to meet the Standard kindergarten teachers are to hold a qualification that is approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA), as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) qualification. As such, kindergarten teachers without an ACECQA approved qualification will be given preference to complete the initiative.
In addition to expressing your interest (by clicking Enrol) applicants must provide the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (1 page) outlining work history and TRB number.
- Endorsement Form (completed by current principal or supervisor endorsing participation) – http://bit.ly/PrincipalEndorsementForm
- Performance and Development Plan (PDP), which identifies goals related to participation within this initiative.
- Letter from Early Years Survey indicating your current ACECQA qualification status – to complete the survey visit – https://kinder.education.tas.edu.au
Documents can be added under “Supporting Document” after pressing Enrol (attachments cannot be added after you have pressed complete).
The initiative builds on participants’ learning and capacity in teaching the early years to gain a qualification through participating in learning opportunities and Professional Placements to build their expertise to enable student’s greater access to quality early childhood learning programmes. Participants will graduate with a Graduate Certificate (Early Childhood)
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professional with colleagues parent/carer and the community
Leading improvement, innovation and change
The initiative is delivered by the Faculty of Education at UTAS. By enrolling in an ACECQA approved Graduate Certificate (Early Childhood), participants’ will have access to four units through online learning and face-to-face instruction days. The following will be completed during 2019.
Four academic units:
- Curriculum Pedagogy and Assessment in Early Childhood
- Literacy, Mathematics and Science in Early Childhood
- Negotiated Study in Early Childhood
- Leadership and Advocacy in Early Childhood
Up to three Professional Experience Placements*
- Professional Experience: Birth to 2 years (10 days)
- Professional Experience: 3 to 5 years (35 days)
- Professional Experience: 6 to 8 years (15 days)
*Participants’ may be entitled to Advance Standing credit depending on work history.
DATES TO BE CONFIRMED