Click on brochure below for further information:
Expression of Interest for 2021 are now closed.
Expression of Interest – Closing Friday 3rd July 2020.
Online Information Sessions:
Thursday – 21st May 2020 – 3.00pm – click here to join; and again
Thursday – 4th June 2020 – 3.00pm – click here to join via Zoom.
Teacher Intern Placement Program (TIPP) scholarships are awarded to University of Tasmania (UTAS) students, in their final year of teacher education, who demonstrate academic, personal and professional aptitude for quality teaching.
Beginning your teaching career on a TIPP scholarship is a unique opportunity to complete your final year of study whilst developing your practical teaching skills. Interns are placed in a school and work alongside Mentors (experienced teachers) who support them to develop practical teaching skills. Interns are provided with adequate time for study in addition to their time in a classroom and other teaching related activities, this will give interns the opportunity to fully develop their classroom practice, so they enter the profession highly skilled and classroom ready.
Being awarded a scholarship is an exciting achievement that recognises a student’s professional potential. The scholarship provides dedicated support whilst developing quality teaching practices, and a permanent teaching position in 2022 upon graduation and successful completion of the internship in 2021.
Whilst not exclusive, Scholarship recipients are sought after by Principals in regional and hard to staff schools.
The TIPP covers 35 hours per week on the school site. Between 14 to 21 hours per week is dedicated study time and the remaining time is spent in the classroom or on other teacher related activities. At the end of the year interns will have gained a working knowledge of school operations, practical classroom experience, and established meaningful professional relationships.
Click on the brochure above for further information including information for International Students.
The TIPP scholarship recipients are provided with the following:
- A $20,000 financial scholarship
- Accommodation assistance (for those that have to re-locate)
- Kilometerage assistance to fund three trips home per year (for those that have to re-locate)
- Kilometerage assistance to fund the travel distance between your place of residence and your placement school
- Placement in a Tasmanian Government school (35 hours per week) during final year of study, working alongside experienced teachers
- Access to mentor and colleague teachers for professional development to support professional learning and training
- Use of a teacher device and access to the Department’s software and network
- A permanent position in a Tasmanian Government school upon graduation and the successful completion of the scholarship
Limited Authority to Teach (LAT)
- Consideration for a LAT up top three days per week for Term 3 and five days per week for Term 4.
Intern (Graduate) and Mentor (Proficient-Lead)
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Online Information Sessions:
- Thursday – 21st May 2020 – 3.00pm
- Thursday – 4th June 2020 – 3.00pm