This one-day workshop is designed for teachers and school leaders who are interested in developing their understanding of trauma sensitive education to support school improvement and quality teaching.
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills to practice trauma sensitivity that supports student learning, which is aligned to the Teacher Standards of knowing students and how they learn, and creating and maintaining supportive and safe learning environments.
Dr Sonja Vanderaa, acclaimed trauma and behaviour consultant will support and guide participants to understand and apply principles and practices of trauma sensitivity as a focus of education reform.
Non-DoE Enrolments – To enrol in this program please complete the External Enrolment Form.
Participants in this program will develop a deeper understanding of:
- what trauma is
- how to develop an approach to trauma sensitivity
- how to support traumatised students to feel safe to learn
- how to work with colleagues to encourage positive behaviour that results in quality teaching and learning.
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
1 Day Workshop – 9:00am to 3:00pm
South – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy
- Wednesday, 15 September 2021
North – Tailrace, Launceston
- Thursday, 16 September 2021
North-West – paranaple convention centre, Devonport
- Friday, 17 September 2021