This is an online workshop offered either as a full-day session or 3 one and a half hour sessions over three consecutive weeks.
The Learning Area planning Guides (LAPGs) synthesise the Australian Curriculum into big ideas and key understandings, ensuring that learning is aligned with the achievement standards and focuses on depth of understanding rather than coverage of content. The LAPGs describe the progressive development of big ideas, key understandings and capabilities across years of schooling from Prep to Year 10.
In this workshop, we will explore:
- using the big ideas and key understandings to identify learning intentions and frame success criteria for units of work or learning sequences
- using the big ideas, key understandings and possible questions to explore to design science inquiry tasks.
As a result of engaging in this workshop, participants will:
- know how to use the LAPGs to plan for teaching and learning
- understand that using LAPGs for planning will ensure that learning is aligned to the achievement standards and allows for depth of understanding rather than coverage of content
- use LAPGs to plan learning sequences for their classes.
Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
This is an online workshop offered either as a full-day session or 3 one and a half hour sessions over three consecutive weeks, please only enrol in one option.
Monday 15 March 2021 – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Tuesday 16 March 2021 – 3:20 pm to 4:50 pm
Tuesday 23 March 2021 – 3:20 pm to 4:50 pm
Tuesday 30 March 2021 – 3:20 pm to 4:50 pm