The Flourish Movement™ aims to improve the knowledge, skills, capacities and most importantly the mindset required to attain a flourishing wellbeing while being a Principal, CFLC Leader and Assistant Principal.
This program will help you understand more about your role a a school leader and what strategies will help you to Flourish in that role. The program, to be delivered in Tasmania by Dr Adam Fraser, comprises two parts.
Part one involves research into the role and responsibilities of participant principals and provides individual information back to each principal on their current challenges and wellbeing.
Part two involves four full day workshops over four terms to help principals understand what they can do to enhance their wellbeing as well as be more effective in their role and develop habits that continue to foster and look after their physical and mental wellbeing in the longer term.
By the end of this program principals will:
- Understand their wellbeing is a dynamic state and have resources and flexible strategies to meet their challenges
- Understand that their wellbeing is on a continuum with flourishing at the top
- Develop individual strategies that provide greater control and choice to focus their actions to improve their wellbeing and effectiveness as a principa
- Develop a mindset that investing in their wellbeing makes them a more effective principal and improves student outcomes
- Improve the culture at their school through an increase in social support and improved relationships
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
4 Day Program
- Wednesday 25 May – Friday 10 June 2022
Diary study and one-on-one interview with researcher from Deakin University
- Wednesday 15 June – Thursday 7 July 2022
- one face to face workshop per term for four terms
- venues for remaining workshops will be decided when enrolments are confirmed (based on the geographical spread of participants)
- if restrictions prevent onsite workshops, they will be delivered online
Workshop 1: South – Professional Learning Institute – Glenorchy
- Tuesday 14 June 2022 – 9:30am – 3:30pm
Workshop 2: North – Tramsheds – Launceston
- Wednesday 10 August 2022 – 9:00am – 3:15pm
Workshop 3: Wednesday 16 November 2022 Venue TBA
Workshop 4: Wednesday 1 March 2023 Venue TBA