We have all inherited library collections and resources in our schools that others (who were there before us) have bought, but will they help us teach the new Australian Curriculum v 9?
Aboriginal Education Services will provide support and instructions for you to assess your resources. These will help you judge if resources are appropriate, making it easy for you to decide what to keep and what to remove.
You will also learn how to access relevant online Tasmanian Aboriginal resources.
This session is a must for teachers responsible for Aboriginal education and staff responsible for, or working in, school libraries.
- know which Aboriginal resources to keep or to remove from libraries
- understand about the appropriateness of Aboriginal resources
- access contemporary Tasmanian Aboriginal resources relevant to school library settings
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn,
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it,
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning,
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments,
- Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Leading teaching and learning,
- Developing self and others,
- Leading improvement, innovation and change,
- Engaging and working with the community
This 1-hour session will be delivered Online – 3:30pm – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 4 June 2024